[Videolib] Re: promotional copies

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:57:28 -0700

Re: [Videolib] Re: promotional copiesActually, since my name came up, I =
should clarify that "Video Librarian" pays reviewers in the "low two =
figures," but I'm told that that is two figures more than many library =
journals pay reviewers :)

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Jessica Rosner=20
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu=20
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Re: promotional copies

I always liked Calvin Trillin's remark that The Nation paid him
in the "high two figures" for his columns
--=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

From: "Threatt, Monique L" <mthreatt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:37:07 -0500
To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

Gary,

Are you saying that educational documentary review copies, unless =
otherwise noted, can or cannot be placed in an institution's collection? =
=20

Monetary compensation huh? Maybe I'm reviewing for the wrong =
people.--Monique