[Videolib] Re: promotional copies

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:36:51 -0700

What I'm saying is that I personally view review copies as compensation for
putting in the hard word of banging out an intelligent review. In my
opinion, if I want to donate that copy to my library, so be it... I do
(definitely!) understand the "loss of sale" issue--particularly with my
pals the indie distributors... Nonethless... I have been successful in
splitting the difference with some distributors: I agree to pay half (or
at least a substantially lowered price) for the right to retain the
screener in the library's collection.

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan