[Videolib] RE: "He Who Must Die" Any news on DVD release?

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:42:44 -0700

I get inquires about this one every semester. If people are still=20
looking for a film issued in 1957 that has, as far as I know, never=20
been on DVD or VHS, MGM could make some money releasing this....

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Monday, July 26, 2004, at 04:41 PM, Jessica Rosner wrote:

> Not too likely except it is owned by MGM/UA and they have put out
> more interesting titles than most
>
> Just because a new 35mm is around has no real relation to DVD release
> --
> Jessica Rosner
> Kino International
> 333 W 39th St. 503
> NY NY 10018
> jrosner@kino.com
> 212-629-6880
>

> From: "Breivold, Scott" <SBreivo@exchange.calstatela.edu>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:51:38 -0700
> To: "'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: [Videolib] RE: "He Who Must Die" =A0Any news on DVD release?
>

> I understand that Facets recently showed a 35mm restored print of=20
> Jules Dassin's "He Who Must Die" =A0I emailed them and they had no =
info=20
> on a DVD release. =A0=A0Does anyone know if one is in the works?
>
> Thanks,
>

> =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =
=3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =3D =A0
> Scott Breivold
> Media, Communications, & Arts Librarian
> Interim Collection Development Librarian
> University Library ~ Cal State LA
> http://www.calstatela.edu/library/mmc
>

> "I hear and I forget; I see and I remember; I write and I understand."
> =A0=A0=A0=A0~Ernst Lubitsch

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched