[Videolib] Re: Disc-Go-Pod (David Wright)

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:12:52 -0400

At 09:08 PM 7/15/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>I would love to have a copy of the article for our upcoming links section
>on our website -assuming it wouldn't infringe on any rights. I also
>wanted to correct a couple of comments in the disc repair references I
>have recently seen.

Hi David, I'm sure that you can have/get a copy of the article from LJ -
Just call Ann Kim (866) 436-0727 and ask her for a copy - she may even be
able to e-mail you a copy rather than via snail mail. I signed a copyright
release so I'm not at liberty to provide you with a copy for web
publication - you'll have to ask for permission. I can, however, send you
a hard copy of the entire magazine - just let me know and give me an
address to send it. Also, regarding your comments below - the Eco Sr. was
advertised at PLA at $6995 (only an empty shell was there - no components
yet.) Actually, I have considered an article comparing outsourcing with
purchase of a repair unit, but at the time, there were not very many
outsourcers and also, there are lots of different variables in
comparing/evaluating outsourcing vs. purchase (comparing machine prices and
features plus performance is much easier). I might just do that - and your
the first person I'd get in touch with. Thanks. Jim S.