[Videolib] Chris Marker documentaries

Ryan Whitehead (ryan@facets.org)
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:49:59 -0500

We (Facets) have copies of Short 2 in stock. Chris Marker's CD-Rom,
Immemory, is available but currently out of stock. Though they are currently
unavailable for purchase, we have Le Joli Mai and Sans Soliel for rent.

Sincerely,

Ryan Whitehead
Account Executive, Schools and Libraries

Facets Multi-Media, Inc.
1517 West Fullerton
Chicago, IL 60614

Phone: (773) 281-9075
Fax: (773) 929-5437
E-Mail: ryan@facets.org
Website: www.facets.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:35 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Chris Marker documentaries

Hi
Le Jetee is on the DVD Short 2 -- Dreams, it is out of stock on Amazon,
but they say there are some used or new copies available.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th AVE
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

>>> epaul@siena.edu 7/22/2004 8:26:33 AM >>>
Hello everyone:

I am looking for help finding the following Chris Marker films:

Sans Soleil (aka: Sunless)
Le Joli Mai (aka: The Lovely Month of May)

I have found so far that Sans Soleil was available up until recently
through New Yorker Video but they have recently lost the rights. In
addition, I know that there is a region 2 DVD of Sans Soleil along with
Marker's La Jetee available through Amazon.uk. I have heard rumors that
Criterion might pick up Marker's films but I have seen nothing official
as of this date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric Paul

Eric J. Paul
Media Assistant
J. Spencer and Patricia Standish Library
Siena College
515 Loudon Rd.
Loudonville, NY 12211
(518)782-6741