[Videolib] Video ILL Loan Period (college or university)

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:22:07 -0500

The official loan period for videos and DVDs is 3-weeks. Internally, we
assume 4 weeks. We suggest to borrowing libraries that they tell their
patrons a shorter time -- such as 3 days or one week -- but that's up to
that library.

We loan pretty much everything, unless it has a booking within the next
four weeks.

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University, Mankato

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Threatt,
Monique L
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 4:05 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Video ILL Loan Period (college or university)

Hello.

Pardon me if this topic was recently discussed on the list serv.

To the college or university media librarian/professional: what is your
current video ILL loan period? Do you allow your DVDs to circulate via
ILL? If you circulate videos longer than or shorter than 2 weeks, feel
free to elaborate.

Thanks,
Monique Threatt
mthreatt@indiana.edu