[Videolib] Film Movement

Syp, Marc P. (MSyp@SLPL.LIB.MO.US)
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:05:25 -0500

Just to clarify... the contract with Recorded Books allows PPR to show each
title ONCE. This makes it ideal to do an ongoing exhibition series at your
location, but the films won't fit in a public performance collection. I am
planning to start a Film Movement exhibition series this fall.

Thanks,
Marc Syp
Supervisor, Film Library
St. Louis Public Library
314.206.6704

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:39 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Film Movement

I decided to begin this program this year. I had seen a salesman last year,
but then it was a brand new program. The films look interesting. It works
out to be about $30 per title, which is a pretty decent price. They all
come with public performance rights. I figured it was a way to get quality
independent films on a regular basis. This will add interest to our
collection, but won't be a major focus. I also don't anticipate high circ on
them. However, since our collection does not focus on the year's
blockbuster hits, these will fit along with our foreign film and silent film
collections! a few people asked about this a couple of months ago, in fact
right before the sales rep called me again, so I was happy to have been
reminded about it before her visit. If I remember correctly, someone said
that the delivery is not quite as regular - 1 per month - as listed. Hope
this helps.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library