[Videolib] Policy for ordering PAL format?

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:24:41 -0500

We order PAL format videos, and DVDs with any region coding if necessary
for study and teaching.

Whenever possible, we ask our vendors to obtain NTSC versions, but
usually we just end up with the PAL. We had to buy an all regions/no
codes DVD player for cataloging and our Media Services area, and we have
all formats video players in both places as well. Many of our
classrooms can play any format of videotape, and most of our campus dvd
players can play all regions. =20

=20

Sarah Andrews

University of Iowa Libraries