[Videolib] Television series for academic collections

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:45:13 -0500

We generally purchase tv shows unless requested for teaching so our
collection doesn't follow an obvious pattern. So some recent choices
have been:

The Sopranos (all seasons, heavily used for teaching)
Beavis and Butthead (all available)
Every Ken Burns PBS series
The network specials/compilations on September 11
Prime Suspect 1-6 (not for teaching, requested by staff)
All Shakespeare stuff that exists
Curb Your Enthusiasm
All in the Family
The West Wing
Strangers With Candy Seasons 1-2
Alias season 1
Kingpin
Band of Brothers
Twilight Zone and all other Rod Serling that was available
The Awful Truth (all)
Dekalog
And about 20 compilation popular music videos

Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries