[Videolib] Television series for academic collections

Speirs, Sr Gilmary (speirs@es.marywood.edu)
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:45:54 -0400

To my knowledge, the Adams Chronicles has never been released. The current
interest in John and Abigail Adams and Cokie Roberts book, Our Founding
Mothers, make me wish this tv series was available. Also, Joan of Arcadia

Sr. Gilmary Speirs, IHM
Collection Management Librarian for non-Print
Marywood University
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA 18509
E-mail speirs@marywood.edu
Phone: (570)348-6266
FAX: (570)961-4769

-----Original Message-----
From: John Streepy [mailto:John.Streepy@cwu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 1:17 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Television series for academic collections

Hello all,
With the summer heat in full effect here in Ellensburg, thoughts turn
to collection development. I have for some time been trying to think of
various television series to propose to purchase for our collection.
This seems like a good time for this as it is becoming popular (read
profitable) for companies to release full seasons of various series, so
there is a good selection. I was wondering what has been some of your
best purchases in this area. Do you buy whole seasons, whole series,
or just get a sampling? For an academic library, I would think sampling
would be best, but sometimes that is not an option.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation