[Videolib] archiving music to CD

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:26:53 -0700 (PDT)

Barb,

One of our Music Librarians, who is in charge of the Music Library
Listening Center here at UW, has done some benchmarking and research into
archival-quality CDs, and it appears that the Mitsui Gold discs have the
about the best track record out there for error-free dubbing and
longevity. I can't remember the studies he consulted for this
information, but could probably dig that info up if you need it.

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle, WA