[Videolib] Question About Disc Dr

Benjamin Sprague (Sprague@riponlibrary.org)
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:01:24 -0500

Hi,

We had a disc Dr., the cheap plastic gears inside broke after
resurfacing about 5-10 discs. Not worth the money IMHO. Our library is
considering going in on a joint purchase of a more professional machine,
which we will share between 3-4 libraries, as we do with our Tape-Chek
machine.

Hope that helps!

Benjamin D. Sprague
----------------------
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services
Ripon Public Library
website: http://www.riponlibrary.org
email: sprague@riponlibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 1:47 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Question About Disc Dr

Hello All,
I was thinking about getting one of these disc repair devices and was
wondering what others thought of them first. Our DVD collection is a
bit over 300 titles, and nearly all are in good shape(knock on wood).
If I had a larger collection or a serious problem, I would be looking
for a serious professional disc resurfacer, but our need is not there
yet. I just want something easy that can handle light scratches. Any
suggestions. thanks.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III