[Videolib] BBC to open archives

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:21:32 +0200

Dear Linda,

last year Brigid Duffy has posted the following mail concearning this
topic.
Here is some more information about this:

Ashley Highfield
Director of New Media & Technology
TV's Tipping Point: Why the digital revolution is only just beginning
Speech given at a Royal Television Society dinner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/speeches/stories/highfield_rts.shtml

BBC takes first steps towards TV on the internet
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storyprint.cfm?storyID=3564153

The programme archive will be available over a peer-to-peer network
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/02/17/bbc_ponders_p2p_distribution/

In Germany they are just planning to change copyright laws to allow
public broadcasters for offering their archives via the internet. I
think this is a hot topic for media centers and libraries.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html