[Videolib] BBC to open archives

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:21:32 +0200

Dear Linda,

last year Brigid Duffy has posted the following mail concearning this
Here is some more information about this:

Ashley Highfield
Director of New Media & Technology
TV's Tipping Point: Why the digital revolution is only just beginning
Speech given at a Royal Television Society dinner

BBC takes first steps towards TV on the internet

The programme archive will be available over a peer-to-peer network

In Germany they are just planning to change copyright laws to allow
public broadcasters for offering their archives via the internet. I
think this is a hot topic for media centers and libraries.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin