Re: [Videolib] Eyes on the Prize - DVD?

Gary Handman (
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:31:28 -0700

I am told by the exec producer of the series (Jon Else -- teaches at UCB)
that the long term fate of the series is unknown. In the short term, it
is tragically out-of-distribution. The issue seems to be one of rights
clearance for the copious stock footage included.

Awhile back, Social Studies Schools Service ( had
a VHS stash for sale...

At 05:12 PM 6/30/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Can someone tell me what might be the status of Eyes of the Prize in
>terms of who is selling it and if there is any movement on the
>production of a DVD set? Whatever happened to the plans for a PBS
>"indexed" DVD set?
>I checked the list archives and didn't see a recent discussion about
>this. We've worn out two VHS copies and really need another. I've
>found sets available on the out of print market for over $500. I really
>don't want to buy another VHS set.
>David Horvath
>David Horvath
>University of Louisville