Re: [Videolib] RE: Song of the South on DVD

John Muller (john.muller@sonoma.edu)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like a bootleg, as Jessica mentioned, the lack of a region code is a
dead giveaway.

Many bootlegs for this title are derrived from the Japanese laserdisc
version (identifiable by the Japanese language subtitles during the song
sequences), but am told that there was a limited Korean laserdisc issue
that was intended for rental only and it does not contain any subtitles
(saw it on Ebay once for about $600). Perhaps it is the source for this
Chinese DVD?

As best as I can tell, the only LEGAL copies commercially available are in
PAL format only. You need a to purchase special VCR that can play
international standards, but the German version of Amazon has it; be
prepared to fork over at nearly 200 Euros for it, though:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004RO2K/

Zip a dee doo dah!

--
John Muller
Schulz Information Center - Multimedia Dept.