Re: [Videolib] RE: Song of the South on DVD

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:22:55 -0700

--Apple-Mail-2-798109905

And if you had any remaining hopes or doubts, this is from their
"disclaimer" page:

"As partial consideration for your access to our website and use of its
content, you agree that eFilmic.com is not liable to you in any manner
whatsoever for decisions you may make or your actions or nonactions in
reliance upon the content. You also agree that the aggregate liability
of eFilmic.com arising form or action or claim (for example, contract,
tort, negligence, warranty, strict liability, professional malpractice,
fraud, or other bases for claims), is limited to the purchase price of
any items you purchased from eFilmic.com in the applicable transaction.
eFilmic.com shall not in any case be liable for any direct, indirect,
special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages even if
eFilmic.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages. This
is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all losses
and damages of any kind. If you are dissatisfied with our website or
its content (including terms of use), your sole and exclusive remedy is
to discontinue using our website."

Short version: If you get sued, don't look at us.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Jessica Rosner wrote:

> Definitely an illegal copy and while most of the titles on the web
> site LOOK legit
> I don't think ANY are because NONE ARE REGION coded and no studio
> title is permitted
> to be released without region coding
> Very sophisticated looking though
> --
> Jessica Rosner
> Kino International
> 333 W 39th St. 503
> NY NY 10018
> jrosner@kino.com
> 212-629-6880
>

> From: "Breivold, Scott" <SBreivo@exchange.calstatela.edu>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:27:14 -0700
> To: "'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: [Videolib] RE: Song of the South on DVD
>

> I have no idea what the legalities are of purchasing a copy from
> China, but here's a place that is selling the film:
>
> http://www.efilmic.com/special.asp?SOTS=03032004

--Apple-Mail-2-798109905

And if you had any remaining hopes or doubts, this is from their
"disclaimer" page:

"As partial consideration for your access to our website and use of
its content, you agree that eFilmic.com is not liable to you in any
manner whatsoever for decisions you may make or your actions or
nonactions in reliance upon the content. You also agree that the
aggregate liability of eFilmic.com arising form or action or claim
(for example, contract, tort, negligence, warranty, strict liability,
professional malpractice, fraud, or other bases for claims), is
limited to the purchase price of any items you purchased from
eFilmic.com in the applicable transaction. eFilmic.com shall not in
any case be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental,
consequential, or punitive damages even if eFilmic.com has been
advised of the possibility of such damages. This is a comprehensive
limitation of liability that applies to all losses and damages of any
kind. If you are dissatisfied with our website or its content
(including terms of use), your sole and exclusive remedy is to
discontinue using our website."

Short version: If you get sued, don't look at us.

Brigid Duffy

Audio Visual/ITV Center

San Francisco State University

San Francisco CA 94132-4200

E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

<excerpt>Definitely an illegal copy and while most of the titles on
the web site LOOK legit

I don't think ANY are because NONE ARE REGION coded and no studio
title is permitted

to be released without region coding

Very sophisticated looking though

--

Jessica Rosner

Kino International

333 W 39th St. 503

NY NY 10018

jrosner@kino.com

212-629-6880

<bold>From: </bold>"Breivold, Scott" <<SBreivo@exchange.calstatela.edu>

<bold>Reply-To: </bold>videolib@library.berkeley.edu

<bold>Date: </bold>Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:27:14 -0700

<bold>To: </bold>"'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <<videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

<bold>Subject: </bold>[Videolib] RE: Song of the South on DVD

<smaller>I have no idea what the legalities are of purchasing a copy from China, but here's a place that is selling the film:

http://www.efilmic.com/special.asp?SOTS=03032004

</smaller>

</excerpt> --Apple-Mail-2-798109905--