RE: [Videolib] El Topo has never been legitimately available inthe

Milos Stehlik (mstehlik@comcast.net)
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:30:10 -0500

At a screening of EL TOPO a few years ago, Alejandro Jodorowsky, the
director, begged anyone in the audience to steal the print from the
projection booth, because he so hates Allen Klein who refuses to release it
in any form.

There was a legitimate release, so it seems, of both EL TOPO and HOLY
MOUNTAIN by a major British independent (forget precisely who, Artificial
Eye?) some years back in the UK - none here.

Milos Stehlik
Facets Multi-Media, Inc.
1517 West Fullerton Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614 USA
Voice: 1-773-281-9075
FAX: 1-773-929-5437
milos@facets.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 3:10 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] El Topo has never been legitimately available inthe
US, correct?

I am not aware of any legit release This one like say El Norte is so widely
bootlegged ( though El Norte HAD a legit release 15 years or so ago) that it
gets hard to figure out what is going on. Apparently these are bizarre
combinations of rights holders who don't or won't license their films but
do little to police the vast number of pirate copies.

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International