RE: [Videolib] Floating collections

Skarra, Mary (SkarraM@lac.losalamos.nm.us)
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:13:08 -0600

That is about it, no real home base for the collection and as one branch gets crowded can send groupings to one that needs more. Probably is a system thing, but wondering if any libraries are doing this now>
Thanks,
Mary Skarra
Mesa Public Library
2400 Central AVe
Los Alamos, NM 87544
(505)662-8250
skarram@lac.losalamos.nm.us

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Rick Faaberg
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:49 AM
To: Videolib List
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Floating collections

On 6/14/04 11:02 AM "Skarra, Mary" <SkarraM@lac.losalamos.nm.us> sent this
out:

> We are considering floating collections instead of rotations for our AV
> collection. How do you know which branch items are checked in?
> Mary Skarra

Hi,

Isn't that really a systems issue? You know like system design and then
implementation through software and materials transport and the like?

I'm assuming that you mean that items can be requested from any branch where
they happen to be and transferred to that branch? And the items stay there
(and are checked out to patrons there) until requested by a different
branch?

I'm looking at your situation as a systems designer/programmer, since that's
my approach to analysis, but if you provide a more thorough description of
the scenario involved maybe I or someone with an appropriate knowledge base
can help.

Best

Rick Faaberg