RE: [Videolib] video camera

Jed Horovitz (JedH@internetvideoarchive.com)
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:55:11 -0400

There are also cameras that will record directly to streaming files. It all
depends on your trade off between flexibility and ease of use. Jed

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:55 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] video camera

Mini DV is cool...be sure you buy a camera with a firewire port (most of
em' have this). You realize, I'm sure, that you'll have to do something to
turn your mini-dv into .avi (i.e. crank it into a PC or Mac and export it
to .avi). You won't be posting your .avi (or whatever) directly to your
web site, of course. You'll need to turn it into QuickTime or Real or
MediaPlayer files,,,

gary

At 01:33 PM 6/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>We're contemplating buying a video camera for the library to record events
>and then post to the website. I was looking at the Canon Optura 30, but
I'm
>unsure if this is a good format (miniDV) or even if this is a good choice.
>We'd like to end up with a clip that's a few minutes long, in either .avi
or
>.wmv format. Any suggestions or advice?
>
>Ellen

UC Berkeley