RE: [Videolib] Travel with videos question

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:47:24 -0700

I've always brought Audio cassettes with me when I travel and none have ever been damaged going through the Airport....I figure it would be the same for VHS....

Robert Hooft
Justice Institute of B.C. Library
715 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, B.C.
V3L 5T4
Ph: 604-528-5598
Fx: 604-528-5593

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of R. Hertzler
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 9:11 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Travel with videos question

Hello, video-lings.

Here's a query I've not had to deal with before, and I'm hoping some of
you can help out:

Randy, a coworker will be bringing back a dozen films (VHS mostly) from
Lithuania for the Media Center. Should she be concerned about their going
through x-ray machines? Personnel screeners? Are there any other hazards
(besides extreme heat) that she should be aware of? Thanks.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated,

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington Libraries, Seattle