[Videolib] FW: CD/DVD Networking and management software

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:12:46 -0400

Dear Colleagues:
A colleague of mine at one of our colleges posed this query to our internal listserv so I thought I would pass this along for any suggestions as well.

LaRoi Lawton
Bronx Community College/CUNY

-----Original Message-----
From: Songqian Lu [mailto:SLu@CITYTECH.CUNY.EDU]
Sent: Thu 6/3/2004 10:37 AM
To: CULIBS-L@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: CD/DVD Networking and management software

We are looking for a solution to provide CD/DVD services in the City
Tech library multimedia center.

The product we are interested is called MA32+. MA32+ is a software-only
solution that gives all networked Windows users simultaneous access to
all the shared CDs. MA32+ stores compressed CD images on available hard
drive disk space, turning any networked PC into a virtual CD-ROM server.

However, this product only supports data CD/DVD but not the movies and
music CD/DVD, which is the feature we would like to have.

My question is: Does any one know any product similar to MA32+
(software-only solution) and also supports movies and music CD/DVD?

Thank you in advance!

Songqian Lu
Assistant Professor
Information Technology Librarian