RE: [Videolib] Cataloging Foreign Language Feature Films

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Thu, 27 May 2004 11:07:26 -0700

In my former position (not here at ASU West), all media was classified with an abbreviated LC class. We used the LC primary classification (BF, HQ, LB, PE, etc.) followed with an accession number.

In that configuration, we grouped foreign films with the LC class for the literature of the language.

Fortunately, online catalogs allow for both the english translation title and the title in the original language to be identified in a single title search.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media / Communication Studies / Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522