RE: [Videolib] Site for price comparisons for classical music CDs

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 25 May 2004 13:33:27 -0500

Not quite what you are looking for - we purchase our cds for the most part
from Alliance Entertainment Corporation - www.aent.com. They have by far
the best discounts of anyone we have tried - including B&T, Amazon, Ingram,
or any of the retail stores. To get to the store site, however, you do need
to get a customer code and password. There is a specific section for
searching just for classical, and you can search by composer, performer,
work, album, conductor, orchestra, UPC/Cat# or all. You can't do any type
of combination search, but they provide a lot of information about the
title. The one thing they don't have on the site is the ability to enlarge
the graphic of the title cover. Just on a test few, the discounts run from
25% to 35%, depending on title, label, etc. Hope this helps.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street