Re: [Videolib] Azuradisc products

Sally Wellman (swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us)
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:26:38 -0500

--=======38176734=======

--=====================_-1705582312==.ALT

Dennis:

We have the Azuradisc 1600. It's pretty big, so we keep it on book truck
and roll it over to the sink when we need it rather than taking up counter
space. It's not difficult to use but is VERY time consuming. It's got a
multitude of cleaning and polishing heads that have to be sequentially
changed during the process. We found that it's better to wait until we
have a bunch of discs that need repairing because it is not practical to do
them piecemeal because of all the stages you have to go through. It seems
to work well and we really have no complaints. It's also a good task to
keep the student workers occupied.

This is not the machine we requested. We wanted the RTI. Azuradisc was so
much cheaper so State Purchasing made us get it. (RTI would not match the
price.)

Hope this helps.

Sally S. Wellman
Assistant Coordinator, Special Services