RE: [Videolib] Azuradisc products

Cecilia Cygnar (ccygnar@nileslibrary.org)
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:20:43 -0500

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu =
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Dennis =
McGuire
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 10:05 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Azuradisc products

Has anyone invested in DVD cleaning and repairing machines from =
Azuradisc? I've been asked to look at the products and possibly budget =
for one. They're a bit pricey and I wonder whether they can 'pay for =
themselves' in an educational setting. Are there competitors to =
Azuradisc that I should consider as well.
=20
Many thanks.
=20

-------------------=20
Dennis McGuire=20
Head of Digital and Media Services=20
Columbia College Chicago=20
624 S. Michigan Ave.=20
Chicago, IL 60605=20
(v) 312.344.7434=20
(f) 312.344.8062=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C441AB.1009B060

Message

We=20 have the Azuradisc 1500 which is an older model -- I believe the newer = ones put=20 out by the company are much improved.  But, the 1500 is VERY hard = to use=20 and time consuming.  I've only heard a few things about Azuradisc's = more=20 updated products and what I heard has been positive.  I know the = company=20 RTI puts out competitive products and some libraries have been happy = with the=20 RTI products and some not.  Based on our experience with the = Azuradisc=20 1500, we should have waited until we had more money to buy a disc=20 cleaner/scratch remover that was more advanced.  So, I guess the = the motto=20 "you get what you pay for" would apply here.......

Thanks,
Cecilia Cygnar
Reader's Advisory/Audiovisual=20 Library
Niles=20 Public Library District
Niles,=20 IL