RE: [Videolib] Film Movement via Recorded Books

Syp, Marc P. (MSyp@slpl.lib.mo.us)
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:37:26 -0500

I am thinking about doing this myself, so I'd love to hear about your
experiences. That is, I'd love to hear you answer your own questions!
Also, when have you been showing the films?

Thanks,
Marc Syp
Supervisor, Film Library
St. Louis Public Library
314.206.6704

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of TMontri
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 9:14 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Film Movement via Recorded Books

Hi all,

Just wondering, who has taken advantage of the public performance DVDs from
Film Movement (dist. by Recorded Books)? Did you have a film series at your
library? If so, how many days or weeks? Did you have a discussion or
lecture following the films? How was the event(s) otherwise structured?
What was your turnout?

We are about to complete our 6-week series of films from Film Movement. It
has been very successful for us, but we wondered if there are ways to
improve it. Of course, if anyone out there has had a screening or series of
films that didn't necessarily come from Film Movement/Recorded Books, your
feedback is valued as well. So, any info on what has worked for you is
helpful!

Thanks!
Tracy Montri
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library