RE: [Videolib] Suggestions?

Linda Cannon (LCannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org)
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:03:27 -0500

"Class Action" from 1991 (a *little) more recent than "The Verdict"
(1982). Gene Hackman and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. Not too sure about
the helplessness and apathy, but certainly an underdog fighting a major
corporation.

Linda Cannon, Collection Development Librarian
Joplin Public Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO 64801-2384

417-623-7953 (fax 417-624-5217)
email lcannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Patti McVay Gorrell [mailto:pmcvay@wooster.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:15 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Suggestions?

Good morning all!

A Sociology/Anthropology professor just phoned to ask advice on a film
cite in his book. He originally cited "The Verdict" but it was
recommended
that he find a more recent film. He's looking for a plot where the
underdog
is fighting a corporation, government, etc., and experiences feelings of

helplessness and apathy. I thought of "A Civil Action", "The Insider",
"Erin Brockovich", and "Philadelphia".

Any other ideas? You may respond directly to me if you wish!

Thanks, Patti