RE: [Videolib] DVD shelving

Linda Cannon (LCannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org)
Thu, 13 May 2004 10:07:54 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C438FC.117CF072

To go a bit "outside the box" let me just mention what we recently did
about a similar problem in our audiobook collection. We've added a lot,
and it was getting quite crowded with nowhere else to go. We had a limit
of 3 audios out and decided to make it 4. Voila! Suddenly we have more
space. Just a thought.
=20

Linda Cannon, Collection Development Librarian =20
Joplin Public Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO 64801-2384

417-623-7953 (fax 417-624-5217)
email lcannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org=20

_____ =20

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu on behalf of TMontri
Sent: Wed 5/12/2004 6:06 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] DVD shelving

Greetings,

We have a growing collection of over 4,000 DVD titles, and are beginning
outgrow our shelving units. We use "kwik-case" security cases, and
currently the DVDs are shelved on perimeter glass shelving with a slight
angle to the shelves. This has worked well since the boxes have a
tendency
to fall over, and this 10% angle helps them stay put to some extent.
However, we are quickly outgrowing this space, so the only existing
option
right now is standard metal bookshelves. We used the metal shelves for
short time, and the DVDs were always a mess!

Wondering if anyone else out there is in a similar position, and if any
solution has been discovered...

Thanks in advance,
Tracy Montri
Toledo PL

------_=_NextPart_001_01C438FC.117CF072

Message

To go a bit = "outside the=20 box" let me just mention what we recently did about a similar problem in = our=20 audiobook collection. We've added a lot, and it was getting quite = crowded with=20 nowhere else to go. We had a limit of 3 audios out and decided to make = it 4.=20 Voila! Suddenly we have more space. Just a thought.

Linda Cannon, Collection Development=20 Librarian
Joplin= Public=20 Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO  = 64801-2384

417-623-7953=20 (fax 417-624-5217)