RE: [Videolib] RE: CD/DVD Protection Labels (David Wright)

Benjamin Sprague (Sprague@riponlibrary.org)
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:17:58 -0500

Hello,

Awhile back we looked into the 3M hub marker security labels, but they
were expensive (on the order of $2 per disc), plus it would have
required a computer upgrade to our current security system, which would
have cost several hundred dollard. On top of that, we had read several
reviews by other libraries who reported both problems with playback, and
spotty detection of the discs by their security system.

We ended up purchasing cheap plastic tray to store the discs in behind
the circulation desk, and putting the empty boxes out on the stacks. No
problems so far, after close to a year of use.

Benjamin D. Sprague
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services
Ripon Public Library