Re: [Videolib] rights holder?

LeeAnne Krause (LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu)
Mon, 10 May 2004 15:43:23 -0400

--=__Part2706F54B.0__=

OOPS, my bad. It was Filmaker's Library where we got ours, not WMM.
LLK

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
Educational Film Library
Thomas Cooper Library
803-777-0322

>>> jrosner@kino.com 05/10/04 02:36PM >>>
I am very surprised the would NOT own PPR but they must have a record
of the owner
who can contact for the information They just have to dig out a
contract or if they are lucky look it up on the computer. For some
reason they may have limited rights but whoever
they have the contract with either has the rights or knows about them
Keep in mind per previous post there may be a valid reason that in
fact
there is no PPR but only the producer/owner/ sales agent would know
details

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International

From: "LeeAnne Krause" <LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:04:21 -0400 To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: [Videolib] rights holder?

Well, Women Make Movies distributes it, so they should know who has the rights, correct? LLK

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager Educational Film Library Thomas Cooper Library 803-777-0322

>>> tmontri@toledolibrary.org 05/10/04 12:46PM >>> Hi all,

I am trying to obtain permission to show "Laughing Club of India", a short film by Mira Nair.

Does anyone know what company owns the rights to it?

--=__Part2706F54B.0__= Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Content-Description: HTML

[...]

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tracy Montri
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library