[Videolib] Copying lost works

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Wed, 05 May 2004 15:41:03 -0700

Goodness! Jessica and I actually agree!

No... backup, in anticipation of damage to what you own is not permitted.

As for replacing lost copies...

Section 108 reads: (captialization added)

(d) The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to a copy, made from the collection of a library or archives where the user makes his or her request OR FROM THAT OF ANOTHER LIBRARY OR ARCHIVES
I read that to mean that if MY library owned a copy that was lost, we could BORROW another library's copy to make my replacement copy.

Of course, ALL the other provisions still apply... yada yada yada

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media / Communication Studies / Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522