RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Andrews, Sarah (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Wed, 5 May 2004 11:22:04 -0500

Another option we offer our patrons--they can purchase a replacement
copy and bring it to the library. Perhaps the professor would like to
contact the filmmaker directly about purchasing a replacement?

Sarah Andrews

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica
Rosner
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 9:20 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Just tell the faculty member that it couldn't possibly be a "back up "
copy because after all making one would be illegal and while PROFESSORS
might engage in such behavior , librarians don't

Honestly I don't understand how the faculty member can weasel out of
paying for it as he/she took it and did not return it. Can't you put
some pressure on the department or branch and refuse to give them
anything until they pay for the replacement

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International