RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Frank Haulgren (Frank.Haulgren@wwu.edu)
Tue, 4 May 2004 16:40:44 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C43231.37C35BE0

Marc and others who've asked see below:

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Syp, Marc P.
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 3:05 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

=20

Frank --

=20

We haven't used any bulk repair services as of yet but I'm looking into
it. What kind of volume do you send out,=20

=20

I send out disks a few times a quarter usually 5 or more at a time since
the shipping and handling for 1-10 disks is the same, $3.25.

=20

with what frequency, and how are the prices? =20

=20

AuralTech charges commercial accounts $2.49 per disk for 7 day service,
$2.99 for faster turnaround. Less for larger numbers of disks.

=20

Is it effective? Do you find that certain titles are beyond repair
(i.e., chipped, cracked, or already resurfaced too many times)? =20

=20

We've only had one disk that couldn't be repaired. And they don't
charge you for what can't be fixed. AuralTech guarantees their work
and the disks we get back run "as good as new".

=20

Any info would be appreciated.

=20

Contact them at:

www.AuralTech.com <http://www.auraltech.com/> (I have had
trouble with their web pages from time to time though never with their
service)

Phone 888-454-3223

=20

AuralTech CD Refinishing

12802 Reiner Rd.

Monroe, WA 98272

=20

I know there are other outfits like this around the country but this is
the only one I can comment on.

=20

Frank Haulgren

Wilson Library