Re: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 04 May 2004 17:26:33 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3166536394_31522222_MIME_Part

Alas it will be hit and miss. Lots of titles will come out on DVD that were
never in
VHS but also many titles out on VHS will never come out on DVD. Most
important
thing is to never ASSUME a title will be on DVD, just keep your fingers
crossed.

Jessica
--=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

From: "Hooft, Robert" <RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:57:36 -0700
To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Is this situation not unlike the one that "vinyl records" went through some
years ago with the advent of CD?
=20
It seems to me that there are now, after many years, recordings you can buy
on CD that if "vinyl records" were still in the marketplace, would probably
never have seen a printing again. Perhaps with a new format, eventually
these obscure films that are even now out of print on VHS may eventually
re-appear on DVD or whatever format becomes standardized in the future.
=20
Key words here are perhaps and standardized
=20
Rob Hooft
JIBC Library
New Westminster, BC