RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Tue, 4 May 2004 08:36:17 -0400

It appareas that B&T are keeping this bit of information under wraps so that they can sell the remianing titles in they have in VHS format. We have ordered a tremendous amount of VHS titles from them over the years and recently noticed an acute decline in VHS titles we were looking for but were surprised that they had in DVD format.
I would venture to say that even though they have not come out and stated they are changing from VHS to DVD, they are as the market appears to bursting at the seams at this moment in time.

LaRoi Lawton
Asst. Prof./Director
GSL Learning Resources Center/CUNY
Bronx Community College/CUNY
Bronx, NY 10453
718-289-5348
laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Eileen Simmons [mailto:ESimmons@ci.everett.wa.us]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 6:38 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Wherefore video?

I wonder about this, too. We order(ed) a lot of feature VHS from Baker &
Taylor. In recent years I have noticed their inventories of VHS dropping as
DVD increased. This year, even with very popular feature titles that are
released simultaneously on VHS and DVD, BT will show large inventories of
DVDs but 0 VHS in stock or on order. I have talked to a sales rep at BT, but
could not get him to tell me whether they were dropping VHS.

Eileen Simmons
Assistant Director/Head of Reference
Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave.