RE: [Videolib] RE: a little humor for friday

Jed Horovitz (JedH@internetvideoarchive.com)
Mon, 3 May 2004 08:52:23 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C430EB.F3733CC0

Re: [Videolib] RE: a little humor for fridayI spent the weekend in the
garden trying to re-grow a sense of humor and it reminded me of the history
of plant seeds 'stolen' from around the world by colonial powers like the
Dutch and English. As I recall, knighthoods were awarded to some successful
botanic pirates who purloined plants from one natural library and donated
them to another. Perhaps you should call him 'Sir Billy'.
[Jed Horovitz]
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 2:41 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] RE: a little humor for friday

From: "Breivold, Scott" <SBreivo@exchange.calstatela.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:11:16 -0700
To: "'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] RE: a little humor for friday

The copyright discussion has been very stimulating....but I thought we
could use a little copyright humor to our end week.

-----

Billy: "I went to the library to photocopy this book and I saw a sign
that said copying of materials may violate the copyright law, so I didn't
copy it."

Jimmy: "That sounds awfully honest, but what did you do?"

Billy: "I stole the book."

hmm sounds like the Jed theory of rights
( just kidding)
--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International

-----

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C430EB.F3733CC0

Re: [Videolib] RE: a little humor for friday

I=20 spent the weekend in the garden trying to re-grow a sense of humor and = it=20 reminded me of the history of plant seeds 'stolen' from around the world = by=20 colonial powers like the Dutch and English.  As I recall, = knighthoods were=20 awarded to some successful botanic pirates who purloined plants = from one=20 natural library and donated them to another.   Perhaps you = should call=20 him 'Sir Billy'.
[Jed=20 Horovitz]
 -----Original=20 Message-----