RE: [Videolib] Copyright/Fair Use/PPR AGAIN

Elizabeth Stanley (Elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:44:01 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C42E09.27BB2118

Blaine et al,
=20
Take a look at the "Multimedia Fair Use Guidelines for Educational
Multimedia" available on the CCUMC web site, in the area related to
Copyright and Intellectual Property Uses:
=20
http://www.ccumc.org/copyright/ccguides.html
=20
Under the section about "Portion Limitations" you'll find guidelines for
using motion media, text, music, etc. in an
educational presentation to a group of your peers at a conference. "Up
to 10% or 3 minutes of motion media, whichever is less..." "Up to 10%
or no more than 30 seconds of music..."
=20
"This nonlegislative report was adopted by the Subcommittee on Courts
and Intellectual Property, Committee on the Judiciary,=20
U. S. House of Representatives, on September 27, 1996, and related to
Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia."
=20
"These guidelines do not represent a legal document, nor are they
legally binding. They do represent an agreed upon interpretation of the
fair use provisions of the Copyright Act by the overwhelming majority of
institutions and organizations affected by educational multimedia. A
list of those organizations who have supplied written endorsements for
the guidelines appears at the end of the guidelines."=20

I hope this helps.
=20
Elizabeth Stanley
Bullfrog Films