RE: [Videolib] videocassette damage

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:29:02 -0700

Not sure I totally agree, Rob. A bad splice or a severely crimped tape can
knock a head out of align, or, worse, chip the head...although in my 20
years in the biz I gotta say I've only see this happen once or twice.

And with the way things are going disc-wise we won't have to discuss THIS
topic much longer...

gary h. (who is, as soon as the SEND button is pressed, going to forget
about copyright and chipped heads and make a bee-line home for a good
bottle of Napa Valley syrah)

At 04:04 PM 4/28/2004, you wrote:
>It's not possible for a video to damage a VCR. The VCR is always the
>cause, whether it be dirty heads, or mishandling by the patron(angrily
>ripping the video out of the machine if it gets stuck). It's like saying
>"the hammer hit my fingers"
>
>Rob Hooft
>JIBC Library

UC Berkeley