RE: [Videolib] videocassette damage

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:45:40 -0700

Sorry... I disagree...

A badly damaged video can grab onto the heads and rip them apart. This is particularly true of a bad splice.

Patrons have been know to attempt to repair broken tapes with cellophane tape.

A badly crinkled tape can seriously clog the heads, which a patron could interpret at damage.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media / Communication Studies / Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522