Re: [Videolib] "Bowling for Columbine" public performance

Meghann R Matwichuk (mtwchk@UDel.Edu)
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:00:51 -0400 (EDT)

I have not heard of this condition for this particular film, and I am
guessing that Michael Moore does not actually have the rights to 'give
away' -- those would belong to MGM Home Entertainment. I doubt that they
would appreciate Moore's, um, generosity, if he has indeed made such
statements.

I have encountered one dvd recently that expressly permits (and
encourages) the copying and showing of the item -- MoveOn.org's Bush in 30
Seconds DVD via the Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.org/). The
agreement reads as follows:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/1.0/ . Maybe we'll be seeing
more of this in the future -- at any rate, I found their site very
interesting.

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk
Instructional Media Department