RE: [Videolib] "Bowling for Columbine" public performance

VENTURA, GERIE (GVENTURA@highline.edu)
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:54:16 -0700

I recently rented BFC from Swank, with PPR. It cost $295.65.

It was showed on campus.

Gerie Ventura
Highline Community College Library, Media Services
Des Moines, WA 98198
e-mail: gventura@highline.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Rosner [mailto:jrosner@kino.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 1:55 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] "Bowling for Columbine" public performance

It is VERY unlikely that Moore would even have the right to do this as
he does not personally own these rights. He would have had to clear this
with the films owner MGM/UA whose films are handled by SWANK. It may
seem ironic that a filmmaker does not have the right but since he sold
the film and its rights to MGM/UA that is the case It is possible he
made some arrangement but I would be very surprised.

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International