RE: [Videolib] Legality of a DVD backup

Meghann R Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:30:38 -0400 (EDT)

It is my understanding that copies can be made if a "reasonable" attempt
is made to purchase said item for a "reasonable" price and it is
out-of-print or otherwise unavailable. The recent email that came across
this listserv by Mark Richie outlines this well. In short, my
interpretation would be that it is okay to copy an item under these
circumstances, but not just because the item is expensive.

Meghann R. Matwichuk
Instructional Media Department
Morris Library
University of Delaware