RE: [Videolib] DVD theft

Benjamin Sprague (Sprague@riponlibrary.org)
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:09:50 -0500

Hello,

We put donut labels on both single and double sided DVDs without any
problems reported.

We also keep the discs behind the desk to eliminate theft :)

Hope that helps,

Benjamin D. Sprague
----------------------
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services
Ripon Public Library
website: http://www.riponlibrary.org
email: sprague@riponlibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:20 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] DVD theft

Well, we think we caught one of the guys who probably swiped about 300
of
our DVDs. The only problem is that we won't be able to do anything,
since
the discs do not have any ownership info on them. I pulled up the info
in
the archives on using markers. My question is, without looking at all
1000
of our discs, is this. Is there a empty space around the center to put
donut label, or write with marker on all DVDs - whether single sided or
double sided? I know that the single sided ones will not be a problem
in
labeling, but I don't know about the double sided ones. As you probably
have guessed, I don't have a DVD player. Sorry for a stupid question.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street