Re: [Videolib] Chinese Films

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:02:10 +0200

Dear Eileen,

seems to be difficult. We had something similar last year:

According to WorldCat

1. Woman basketball player no. 5 (1957)
has been published on VHS-video (Chinese with engl. subtitles) during
the eighties by
Palo Alto, CA : China Video Movies Distributing Co.

Here is an adress of the distributor that has offered this title in the
past. I don't know if the adress is still valid or if they still offer
this title.

China Video Movies Distributing Co.
1718 Broadway
Redwood City,CA 94063
Tel: 415- 366- 2424
Fax: 415- 365- 2523
http://library.kcc.hawaii.edu/external/asdp/film/easian/china/chifilm.html
(last updated in May 2000)

2. Soccer heroes (1987)
has been distributed according to WorldCat during the nineties by China
Film Export & Import Corporation (in Chinese without engl. subtitles).

China Import Export Co.
China Film Import & Export
2500 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1028
Los Angeles, CA 90057
Phone: (213) 380-7520
Fax: (213) 487-2089
http://www.isop.ucla.edu/eas/web/asiafilm-sources.htm

I don't know if this adress is still valid.

with kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html