RE: [Videolib] verification of archival copy laws

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:52:49 -0700

Thank you for articulating that the law does not distinguish between content types.

Copyright law is very specific in a library's right to make copies when certain conditions are met.
As copyright becomes increasingly a tool for corportate owners, we need to remain vigilent in asserting our *rights* within copyright.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media / Communication Studies / Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522