Re: [Videolib] verification of archival copy laws

media2 (media2@burlco.org)
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:01:18 -0400

Note the conditions of Section 108(c) contains five conditions under
which the archival copy may be produced, of which obsolescence of the
hardware device is only one of them. The original question as posted
implied that the 16mm films in question were either damaged or becoming
unusable due to deterioration.

Likewise refer to the title of Section 108 in as much as the exemptions
apply only to libraries and archives, the Law makes no distinction about
the original commercial intent of the media.