RE: [Videolib] Undergraduate Busines Videos

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:37:45 -0500

You found business videos for _only_ $100? Congratulations.

Seriously, it's hard to find reviews of business videos. Previewing is
always a good thing. Then you know if it is both good quality and is
what the instructor was looking for. Even the companies I like
sometimes have a dud in terms of quality or content.

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
jbl@BerkeleyCollege.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 4:47 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Undergraduate Busines Videos

Hello,

I am new to the list and have been lurking for a while now. I work at a
very small undergraduate
college that specializes in business. Our professors use videos
extensively in their teaching
plans. We have found it difficult in choosing quality videos at a good
price. It is quite daunting
to purchase a 20 minute video costing $100+ not knowing much of the
quality
of the production
company or the tape itself.

What I ask the list is if someone could suggest certain production
companies or distribution
agents that consistently produce quality videos related to business
studies. Are there sites
where we could find trustworthy reviews of said videos?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jim Leftwich

Jim Leftwich
Berkeley College