RE: [Videolib] Undergraduate Busines Videos

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:29:17 -0400

We have been previewing our titles prior to purchase for many years here at Bronx Community College/CUNY. Recently I was ordered to cease this policy per a business directive which I am still investigating but from past experience, previewing has alleviated many of the problems of purchasing an item that once bought, does not fit the bill you are looking for. We ask Instructors since many of our titles are coure-content related to preview the item prior to asking us to purchase. The title is then incorporated into the course syllabus and students are assigned to view it.
Most vendors allow previewing just be careful of the ones that charge you for shipping the item to you when you return it if it is not what you want.

Hope this helps.

LaRoi Lawton, Assistant Prof./
Director
GSL Learning Resources Center
Library & Learning Resources Dept.
Bronx Community College/CUNY
Bronx, NY 10453
laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: jbl@BerkeleyCollege.edu [mailto:jbl@BerkeleyCollege.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 5:47 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Undergraduate Busines Videos

Hello,

I am new to the list and have been lurking for a while now. I work at a
very small undergraduate
college that specializes in business. Our professors use videos
extensively in their teaching
plans. We have found it difficult in choosing quality videos at a good
price. It is quite daunting
to purchase a 20 minute video costing $100+ not knowing much of the quality
of the production
company or the tape itself.

What I ask the list is if someone could suggest certain production
companies or distribution
agents that consistently produce quality videos related to business
studies. Are there sites
where we could find trustworthy reviews of said videos?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jim Leftwich

Jim Leftwich
Berkeley College