Re: [Videolib] WWII movie title

lawson.m.e@att.net

You may be thinking of "An American Story." 1992 Hallmark TV movie.

August 1946, Athens, Tennessee. "Based on a true story about a town fighting for its beliefs and changing the course of its future. World War II is finally over, but for six soldiers returning to their hometown, the fight has just begun. Behind the bright facade of the homecoming parade lies the harsher reality of the American dream gone awry...a corrupt mayor, an intimidating sheriff and a town too afraid to fight back. With county elections coming up, the returning soldiers form their own political party to challenge the unscrupulous powers destroying their town."

Stars: Brad Johnson, Kathleen Quinlan and Tom Sizemore