RE: [Videolib] WWII movie title

Elizabeth Stanley (Elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:32:43 -0400

Not sure of the title you're looking for...

But here are two non-fiction alternatives from Bullfrog Films, on
soldiers' adjusting and devoting themselves to a cause:

Re WWII: "The Great War and Those Who Refused to Fight It"

Re Vietnam: "Friendship Village"

Elizabeth
Bullfrog Films
www.bullfrogfilms.com

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tova Aragon
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 6:45 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] WWII movie title

The folllowing request is from a college student. Any ideas?

--Okay, the movie I'm thinking of focuses on a group of American
soldiers who've returned from WWII back to hometown life somewhere in
the midwest/great lakes (I'm thinking Michigan or Wisconson). They're
restless and have a hard time adjusting back to everyday life. They end
up joining together and initating a movement in their local town for
some cause, but I don't remember what. I think the film came out in the
mid 90's; I don't remember any major actors/actresses in it.

Even if I don't find this film, I'm simply looking for a situation where
someone, like a soldier, has been away from home and has some kind of
intense or dramatic experience. Then they return home and have to deal
with the challenges of readjusting back into their original environment.
Even if you can think of anything along these lines...

Thanks,

Tova Aragon
Adult Services Lead Librarian
Fort Collins Public Library